Monday, July 30, 2012

Pre-Monday Blues

from 2011...

Two different stacks of paperwork wait for me. I have a list of things to do for myself today that's typical for a Sunday. And yet here I sit, staring at the computer screen, listening to the clocks in the house ticking and the wind whistling through tree branches and around the corner of the house. I'm a lump of inactivity today because I have the pre-Monday blues. I'm not talking about music. I'm talking about being down in the dumps.

I've suffered from this affliction most of my adult life, but I didn't give it a name until about a dozen years ago when I finally realized what made me cranky 40 Sundays out of 52 in the year. (40 weeks = one school year) It's almost like my personality rather than my body feels sluggish, like being hung over, and I just do NOT want to do what I know needs to be done.

"Blah blah blah.... okay so get over yourself. Suck it up and get going, you silly goose."

Yeah....well, no. I'm going to wallow in it for a while before I grumpily do what needs to be done. Bah humbug!

No comments: